Palm Jaggery, 400g
Palm jaggery is an ancient ayurvedic ingredient that has a host of health benefits.
- It’s one of the best healthy alternatives to white sugar.
- It is a ready-use dust-free Jaggery widely known for its medicinal properties used in Ayurveda and home remedies.
- No artificial preservatives or colors added
Add to cart
Palm Jaggery is also known as Karupatti or Pana Vellam in Tamil, Thati Bellam in Telugu.
- Palm jaggery can be mixed with milk/tea and consumed. Also, palm jaggery can be taken as is as a sweet to replace sugar candies.
- This can be used as a sugar alternative as this contains good nutrition, fiber, and Sucrose and gives good Energy.
- Karupatti is enriched with iron and some essential nutrients such as magnesium and potassium. Karupatti with herbs is an excellent home remedy to increase immunity and fight cold cough and digestive disorders.
- It can be used to make candies, toffees, jaggery cakes, and many other sweet dishes. Karupatti has more nutritional value than sugar.
- Palm Jaggery is unrefined and does not contain any synthetic additives and preservatives.
How palm jaggery is made
- Padani or palm juice is collected from palm tree every day during March to May month of the year
- The collected palm juice is filtered
- The filtered palm juice (padani) is boiled in a huge vessel for two to three hours
- The watery juice changes to a thick syrup
- The syrup is then poured into coconut shell to set to become palm jaggery